Drivers are reminded that you need to get a few things in order before you can get behind the wheel, and you probably shouldn’t run from the police.
The Dryden OPP charged an 18-year-old driver with a number of offences after a failed traffic stop and short pursuit on May 6, where the driver failed to stop for police and continued to operate the vehicle in a dangerous manner.
Police disengaged with the pursuit in the interest of public safety, but after an investigation into the incident, 18-year-old Bryce Robinson of Dryden has been arrested and charged with:
- Flight from police,
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle,
- Fail to comply with conditions of release,
- Operate motor vehicle, no license,
- Operate motor vehicle, no insurance,
- Operate motor vehicle, plates not authorized,
The accused remained in custody until a bail hearing on May 16.