A 27-year-old Dryden man is facing several charges after officers executed a search warrant in the Oxdrift area - seizing five firearms, prohibited devices, cocaine and ammunition.
The Dryden OPP says the arrest took place in the Aubry Township on Thursday, and the accused has been remanded into custody before a bail appearance next week.
The suspect is facing charges of:
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm,
- Unauthorized Possession of Firearm,
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order,
- Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition x2,
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order x3,
- Failure or refusal to comply with demand,
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Cocaine,
The OPP adds that anyone with any information regarding the trafficking of drugs in the region is asked to contact police at 1-888-310-1122, or anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).