Members of Unifor Local 324-18 voted unanimously in favour of a new three year contract with Community Support Centre NW at a ratification meeting Wednesday.
The contract affects 25 workers in Dryden, Kenora and Fort Frances.
Community Support Centre NW is a multi-service organization which provides a multitude of support programs for children, youth, adults and families in the region.
The new deal provides over 19.5% in general wage increases, a new employer paid benefit plan, a new pension plan and a number of other solid language and monetary gains.
Specifics of the deal include:
- $3.00 general wage increase for all employees in 2023, 2% wage increase on August 1, 2024 and 2.25% wage increase on August 1, 2025;
- Ratification Bonus - $1,000 for all full-time employees, $750 for all part-time employees and $250 for all casual employees;
- New group retirement pension plan with 4% employer and employee contribution match;
- New 100% paid employer paid benefit package with drug, dental, vision, paramedical, life insurance and extended health coverage;
- 4 Additional paid sick day per year for both full-time and part-time employees;
- 5 cent per kilometre increase in mileage pay to $.50/KM;
- Shift cancellation pay increases from 3 hours to 4 hours;
- New Statutory Holiday for Easter Monday;
- $10 increase in daily meal allowances;
- $3.00 per day coffee allowance for outings;
- Improved contract language.
In a statement from Unifor, Local 324 President Katrina Peterson says the new deal exemplifies the strong labour relations partnership with Community Support Centre NW.
"Unifor members at Community Support Centre Northwest provide critical support for a number of vulnerable residents across the region and we are thrilled to see our members now secure long-term stability and substantial improvements in their new contact."
Peterson adds the deal will go a long way in helping the agency recruit and retain high quality employees.