A 51-year-old man from Ignace is facing multiple counts of 5 separate charges after allegedly selling youth cannabis and tobacco products earlier this year.
Officers with the Ignace OPP say they received a complaint of minors purchasing the products from an Ignace convenience store in late January, and officers began their investigation into the claims.
As a result, 51-year-old Herbert Price of Ignace has been charged with:
- Sale of cannabis to an individual under 18 years of age, x3
- Sell cannabis accessory to person under 18 years old, x5
- Distribute cannabis to individual under 18 years of age, x2
- Sell tobacco to a person who is less than 19 years old, x5
- Sell unmarked cigarettes – no wholesale permit, x3
He is set to appear in court on June 2 to answer to the charges.
Anyone with any information on the illegal sale of cannabis or tobacco products to minors, you’re asked to contact your local OPP detachment at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).