Residents within Kenora’s Pinecrest Home for the Aged are facing another COVID-19 outbreak.
Assistant Administrator Michelle Spencer says Unit #3 declared an outbreak of the illness after three residents tested positive on January 4, with support from the Northwestern Health Unit.
As a result, visitor restrictions are as follows for Unit #3 residents:
- One essential caregiver for positive residents, unless otherwise approved
- Two essential caregivers for remaining residents, unless otherwise approved
- No designated caregiver under the age of 18
- No general visitors
- When possible, visits should remain in the residents’ room
- Essential caregivers seeing positive residents must wear mask/eye shields for their visit - or full PPE
Pinecrest announced a total of six COVID-19 outbreaks in 2022, with the most recent outbreak wrapping up over the holidays.
All visitors are reminded that if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who is unwell, please refrain from visiting the home or any of its residents.