Members of the Rainy River District Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have charged an individual with weapon-related charges following an investigation.
On August 21, 2022 at approximately 8:34 a.m. officers received a report of an altercation taking place between two people at a residence on Rawn Road in the Town of Atikokan.
Officers attended the scene and confirmed that an altercation took place and escalated to one of the involved people pointing a firearm at the other person.
As a result of this investigation, Christopher HARRISON 43 years-old of High River, Alberta has been arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Pointing a Firearm contrary to section 87 of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose contrary to section 88 of the CC
- Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition contrary to section 86(1) of the CC
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm contrary to section 91(1) of the CC
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance - cocaine contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA)
- Traffick in Schedule I substance - Opioid contrary to section 5(1) of the CDSA
The accused has been held in custody awaiting a bail hearing.
If you have any information about this investigation, call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or report online through https://ontariocrimestoppers.ca/ , where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.