A number of COVID-19 vaccine walk-in clinics are taking place at schools across the region today (September 15, 2021).
Kenora residents can attend a walk-in clinic at St Thomas Aquinas High School between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Dryden’s walk-in clinic is located at Dryden High School between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Red Lake is holding its walk-in clinic at Red Lake High School from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Ignace's clinic will be at Ignace Public School between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
These COVID-19 vaccine clinics are open to:
- Anyone aged 12+ in 2021 can get a first dose
- Anyone aged 12+ in 2021 can get their second dose if they received:
- Pfizer at least 21 days ago or Moderna 28 days ago,
- Or AstraZeneca at least 56 days ago.
- Third doses are only for people with very specific medical conditions and those living in certain settings. You will be contacted by your specialist or healthcare provider if you qualify.
Walk-in appointments will be accepted, but you can also book an appointment by calling 1-866-468-2240.
Vaccination rates continue to increase across the Northwestern Health Unit as the latest vaccine data has been released. As of yesterday 84.0 per cent of those eligible have received at least one dose, and 75.7 per cent are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In Ontario 84.6 per cent of the eligible population in the province have received one dose, and 78.4 per cent are fully vaccinated.