125 workers in Dryden and Sioux lookout have new contracts with nearly 8 per cent wage increases, major signing bonuses, improved benefits and more.
Unifor, the union representing workers at Community Living Dryden-Sioux Lookout, says the new deals were ratified on Monday with Dryden staff voting 86 per cent in favour of the deals, and Sioux Lookout staff voting unanimously to approve them.
“These members provide critical support for some of the most vulnerable people in Sioux Lookout and Dryden,” said Unifor Local 324 President, Katrina Peterson.
“After dealing with all the hardships associated with the Covid-19 pandemic, we are thrilled to see them now secure long-term contracts with key monetary gains and improved contract language,” she adds.
Unifor says the new deals are retroactive to September 1 and run until August 31, 2025. Improvements for workers include:
- 7.75 per cent in wage increases over the 3 year deal, with top rates reaching $35.85 per hour,
- $2,500 full-time signing bonus, $1,250 part-time bonus and a $500 bonus for casual staff,
- New $500 full-time and $350 part-time health spending account,
- A $0.50 increase per hour for work-alone premiums,
- Improved benefits, paid personal leave and dental coverage,
Community Living Dryden-Sioux Lookout provides support for individuals living with developmental disabilities in Dryden and Sioux Lookout.