Kenora MP Eric Melillo says he’s in full-support of the region’s upcoming mandatory mask policy, to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep our communities as safe as possible.
Last week, the Northwestern Health Unit announced that all residents will be required to wear a mask or face covering in any enclosed public space across northwestern Ontario, effective as of August 17.
“We’re continuing to follow the advice of public health officials. As we begin to reopen, it’s very important that we do so safely. We have to keep following these rules very closely to ensure that the second wave, whenever it comes, is as mild as possible,” said Melillo.
Health unit staff added that this approach will help to normalize mask use in advance of a potential second wave of the virus later this year.
Residents are reminded that the use of face coverings must be paired with other personal protective measures, including physical distancing, hand washing, avoiding touching your face and staying home if you’re sick.
For more information:
Mandatory mask policy across the region coming in August
Melillo standing up for equality, Pride