Rotarians in Dryden are donating $40,000 back to the community they love.
Through the Dryden Rotary Charity Foundation, Dryden Rotary Club, with help from the Rotary Club of Sioux Lookout and with funding through radio bingo, a number of donations are being made to meet the club’s youth, poverty, health and community initiatives.
“We are so grateful to be able to assist our NOW communities with these donations through countless volunteer hours by our club members and the support of all the people who play bingo with us each Thursday evening,” wrote the Foundation, in their release.
- $15,000 to the Dryden Food Bank,
- $5,000 to the Mary Berglund Community Health Centre (Christmas Cheer, Food Bank),
- $500 to the Ear Falls Chukuni Christmas Cheer Board,
- $3,500 to the Red Lake Chukuni Christmas Cheer Board,
- $5,000 to the Community Support Centre NW (Christmas Cheer),
- $5,000 to First United Church’s Community Table,
- $200 towards a Free Reading Program,
- $5,000 to the Ignace Ski Club for a Trail Grooming Machine and Groomer,
- $4,500 to St. Joseph’s School for Indoor Tower Gardens,
This is the second major donation Rotarians have made in 2022, after donating $80,000 to community initiatives in March.