The execution of a search warrant at a Red Lake home has resulted in the seizure of weapons and drugs.
Ontario Provincial Police searched the home on September 9th after receiving information the owner was in possession of a sawed off shotgun.
In addition to the sawed off 12 -gauge shotgun, which had its serial numbers and stock removed, officers located ammunition, a replica revolver, and an undisclosed amount of methamphetamine.
Evidence of drug trafficking was also discovered.
A 59 year old man faces several charges including:
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking - Methamphetamine
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing the Serial Number has been Removed.
He has since been remanded into custody with a bail hearing set for an undisclosed date.