Four Sioux Lookout residents and two Torontonians remain in custody following a drug bust at a Sioux Lookout home.
Officers with the Ontario Provincial Police and Nishnawbe Aski Police Service raided the home on Wellington Street on Friday, assisted by the OPP's Emergency Response Team and Canine Unit.
In addition to the 6 arrests, a restricted firearm and an undisclosed amount of suspected cocaine was seized, along with an undisclosed amount of Canadian currency and items associated with drug trafficking.
The accused range from 17 to 60 years in age and have each been charged with:
· Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime over $5000
· Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
· Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
· Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
· Careless storage of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited device or ammunition
· Possession of Prohibited device or ammunition for Dangerous Purpose
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking - Cocaine
All have been remanded into custody and are expected to appear in court on Wednesday.