A Sioux Lookout man faces a number of charges after Ontario Provincial Police in that community rescued him and his snowmobile from the mud.
Officers located the man and his snowmobile on the shore of Pelican Lake around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
There it was determined the 20 year old was impaired, resulting in him being taken into custody.
He's been charged with:
- Operation While Impaired - alcohol and drugs
- Operation While Impaired - blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
- Drive Motorized Snow Vehicle While Licence Suspended
- Fail to Wear Proper Helmet
In addition to the charges the accused has also been handed a 90-day Administrative Drivers Licence Suspension.
He's since been released from custody and is expected back in court on December 12th.