Three COVID-19 vaccine walk-in clinics are taking place across the region today (September 23, 2021).
Two clinics will be taking place in Fort Frances, and one will be taking place in Sioux Lookout.
Sioux Lookout residents can find their vaccine clinic at Sioux Lookout North High School between 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Fort Frances residents can go for their COVID-19 vaccine at the Northwestern Health Unit from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., as well as between 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Anyone aged 12+ in 2021 can get a first dose
- Anyone aged 12+ in 2021 can get their second dose if they received:
- Pfizer at least 21 days ago or Moderna 28 days ago,
- Or AstraZeneca at least 56 days ago.
- Third doses are only for people with very specific medical conditions and those living in certain settings. You will be contacted by your specialist or healthcare provider if you qualify.
Walk-in appointments will be accepted, but you can also book an appointment by calling 1-866-468-2240.
COVID-19 vaccination rates continue to rise across the region, according to the NWHU vaccine update. The update showed that 85.2 per cent of those eligible have received one dose, and 77.2 per cent are fully vaccinated. Last week the update showed 84.0 per cent of the eligible population got one dose and 75.7 per cent were fully immunized.
Across the province of Ontario, the vaccine rates showed that 85.3 per cent of people have received at least one dose, and 79.4 percent have gotten two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.