A 36-year-old Dryden man is in court today, as legal proceedings continue in connection with the deaths last spring at a trailer park. A pre-trial hearing was held last week, in the case against Justin Wayne Desautels.
In relation to the events on March 2, Justin Desaultels is charged with:
- two counts of second degree murder
- a count of attempted murder
- two counts of robbery
- a count of resisting arrest
- a count of assaulting police
- a count of causing bodily harm to police
- a count of trying to take a weapon from police
- a count of possessing crystal meth
The charges haven't been proven in court. The accused has been in custody at the Kenora Jail, pending the outcome of his legal matters.
Defence counsel Ryan Amy of Winnipeg is representing the accused, before Justice Jennifer Hoshizaki.
For more information: