Ontario Provincial Police have charged a Cat Lake First Nation man on several weapons related charges following his arrest in Sioux Lookout Friday afternoon.
Officers were on patrol in the area of 5th Avenue South when they recognized the man who was wanted by police.
While speaking to the 27 year old they determined he was in possession of a firearm, after which he was promptly placed in handcuffs and taken to the detachment.
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Carry Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device, or Ammunition in a Careless Manner
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking
He was held in custody over the weekend and will appear in court Tuesday.