Unifor says workers at the Patricia Gardens Supportive Housing facility in Dryden have come to a three-year contract agreement.
Workers voted unanimously in favour of the new contract yesterday.
It includes an increase of 2.8 percent a year, a 12-cent increase in mileage to 57 cents a kilometre, an 8th week of vacation after 30 years and one extra sick day.
Katrina Peterson, President of Local 324 says, “despite ongoing provincial funding challenges, we are pleased to see that our health care members in Dryden have secured a solid agreement with a number of key improvements and wage increases at the upper end of the provincial range for the sector.
“We commend the work of the bargaining committee and appreciate the support of the Unifor membership at Patricia Gardens.”
The deal is retroactive to April 1st, 2022 and runs until March 31, 2025.
Some of the other terms of the agreement are:
- $.25/hour increase in shift differentials
- $75 increase in eyeglass coverage
- increased 4-hour call-in pay
- $50 increase in annual uniform/shoe allowance and uniform allowance
- improved break, scheduling and sick time language.